Insurance is now a part of basic life for people. At every crucial point of life, insurance helps people to get monetary relief. Hollard Insurance is one such name in Australia that provides an array of insurances. The company is providing home, pet, travel, car, and bicycle insurances in Australia.
What is Hollard Insurance – an Introduction
Established in 1980, Hollard Insurance is a South Africa based company. Currently, the company is providing insurance services in many countries. These countries include South Africa, Australia, China, India, Pakistan, Namibia, Botswana, and Mozambique.
But, are there other companies also that provide the same services in Australia? So, here we have come up with a list of the top 4 best alternatives of Hollard Insurance. Let’s check them out below:
1. Suncorp Group – One of the Best Alternatives of Hollard Insurance
Suncorp is one of the biggest banking and financial corporate in Australia. It owns almost 27% insurance market cover. The company is active since 1902 and currently, it is one of the top20 ASX-listed companies. Thus, it is one of the top competitors of Hollard Insurance in Australia.
Kinds of Insurance by Suncorp Group:
Features of Suncorp Group:
- The company has won the MOZO Experts Choice 2018 Insurance of the year award.
- The company offers a 15% discount on many policies. When the customers buy three or more eligible policies, the discount is applicable.
- Additionally, it offers a discount of $100 when the customer buys a policy online.
- Also, the company has been providing insurance for more than 90 years in Australia.
2. Insurance Australia Group – Another Best Alternative of Hollard Insurance
IAG (Insurance Australia Group) also has a great market share in the insurance sector in Australia. With 29% of the total market share, the company is leading in general insurance. After the demutualization of the NRMA (National Roads and Motorists Association), IAG came into existence in 2002. Furthermore, it is giving a tough competition to Hollard Insurance in Australia.
Kinds of Insurance by AIG:
Currently, the company is providing insurance in sectors like Bicycle, Comprehensive Motor, Commercial & Motor Fleet, Construction & Engineering, Consumer Credit, CTP, Directors and Officers, Extended Warranty, Farm, Crop and Livestock, Home and Contents, Income Protection, Marine, Niche Insurance, Professional Indemnity, Public and Product Liability, Security, and Worker’s Compensation.
Features of AIG Group:
- IAG drives some of the big names of Australia’s general insurance. NRMA Insurance, CGU, Swann Insurance, Lumley Insurance, SGIO, WFI, and SGIC are a few of them.
- In 2019, NRMA won APAC Adobe Award for the data-driven marketing application.
- In 2018, NRMA won the Australian Insurance Industry Awards for Direct General Insurance Company of the Year.
- Also, in 2018, SGIC won the Canstar awards for the Outstanding Value Car Insurance.
- The company and its peers have also won many awards in previous years for excellence in the Insurance industry.
- Additionally, IAG has made its presence in countries like New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia.
QBE (QBE Insurance Group limited) is number third with a 10% market share in general insurance in Australia. However, the company is Australia’s largest global insurer. Currently, the company is working in 31 countries. Established in October 1886, it is among the top 20 global insurers of the world. Of course, it is a good alternative to Hollard Insurance in Australia.
Kinds of Insurance by QBE:
The company is offering insurance services in sectors like Accidents and Health, Aviation, Builders warranty, Public Liability, Commercial Motor, Commercial Packages, Construction & Engineering, CTP business, Farm, Marine, Multinational, Professional Liability, Property, Surety, Trade Credit, and Workers Compensation.
Features of QBE Insurance:
- QBE is famous for online easy claims.
- It is the winner of Canstar Outstanding Value Car Insurance for 2013, 2015, and 2016.
- It has also won the Canstar Innovation Excellence Award in 2014.
- Also, QBE was the winner of the Australian HR Award for the Employer of Choice.
- QBE is operating in more than 30 countries in the world.
- Above all, it offers insurance in almost every category.
Allianz is a Germany based multinational financial service providers. In Australia, the company is working as an insurance arm since 1914. However, the company has started many insurance operations in Australia since July 2000. For the reason that it has more than 3 million customers, it is also a tight competitor of Hollard Insurance.
Kinds of Insurance by Allianz:
Allianz is providing insurance for Car, Home, Boat, Life, Travel, Landlord, Public Liability, Small Business, Workers Compensation, Commercial & Corporate, and Farm.
Features of Allianz Insurance:
- The company operates through Australia and New Zealand.
- Furthermore, it is Australia’s 4th largest general insurers.
- It provides Worker’s Compensation Cover for around every 1 in 5 Australian employees.
- The customers can claim the cover through phone and online.
- Additionally, Allianz covers 50% of the top BRW-listed companies.
Hollard Insurance has a great impact on Australia’s insurance business. But, it is not the only fish in the pond. Several other insurance companies are providing approximately the same services in Australia. A well-researched person always gets the best. So, next time when you plan to buy any insurance policy, do not forget to compare the insurance companies.